Happy weekend

Tuesday, July 7, 2015


This past weekend was full of family and beach… my idea of perfection. My nephew turned 6 weeks old so we celebrated with fireworks ;) Just kidding. We had such a blast celebrating the 4th of July at the beach. We swam, ate, drank, and slept [somewhat]. I gave my sister and brother-in-law 2 nights of glorious uninterrupted sleep aka I had baby Jack all night. He only woke up twice a night but by the time you change his diaper, feed him, realize he pooped, change his diaper again, and get him settled it has been an hour and you feel like a zombie. Do it all again 3 hours later and I am wondering how mommies do it every single night.

Anyways, it was a great weekend and sadly we won't be back at the beach for another 3 weekends. This place is where my favorite memories are made. It holds my heart.

6 comments :

  1. What a fun weekend - love spending the Fourth at the beach!! That's so sweet of you to stay up with the baby! I helped out with my newborn nephew this weekend too & it gives you SO much respect for Mom's- I don't know how they do it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great aunt to give your sister and BIL some sleep!! Baby jack is just the sweetest! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a great weekend and your holiday celebrating sounds fabulous! So sweet of you to keep the baby and let them relax - I bet they SO enjoyed that. We always try to help out and watch/play with our nieces as much as we can when visiting family and I'm always so exhausted after!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes- those clouds!! But glad y'all had fun and you got some mommy practice too hah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! So nice of you to watch the baby... but then it's even nicer to hand him back and get a full night's sleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack is beautiful! And that sweet picture of him and EJ?? OMG! xo

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design