Scenes from our weekend: my first Mother's day!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

We had the very best weekend! Friday my in-laws were in town so we grabbed dinner with them then headed home to put the baby to bed and watch Dateline before crashing. 

Saturday we were up bright and early to head 2 hours west to meet our best friends halfway between their hometown and ours. We met at a mall so we could eat lunch and shop some. It was their first time meeting Vivi! She was an angel the entire day... I was so proud [and relieved]! They were a groomsman and bridesmaid in our wedding and we were the same in theirs and now they have a baby girl due in September. It has been so fun to be at the same stages of life as them and we are so excited for Vivian's bff Elliott to make her debut ;)


Sunday I woke up bright and early (5am to be exact, thank you Vivi) to the sweetest gifts and delicious breakfast cooked by hubs. We had eggs, bacon and banana pancakes. And about 3 cups of coffee haha! 

Major props to my amazing husband for the unique and beautiful gift of a watercolor painting of Vivi and I and the sweetest card that made me tear up. I will cherish it forever!


Don't let that sweet smile fool you. We only lasted 20 minutes in church before baby girl cut loose. Cue the racing pulse and sweats. We got out of there quick! Luckily Jesus forgives her ;) We headed to brunch earlier than expected where she proceeded to fuss the entire time, resulting in inhaling our meal and heading home. Garrett and I looked at each other and laughed, because we were totally loving every minute of the chaos. We will look back on my first Mother's Day and remember her less-than-ideal behavior and smile because these are memories you can't make up!


Sunday evening my mom and my in-laws came over for a cookout. It was so great to be able to spend Mother's Day with both my mom and my MIL. My mom is hands down the best mom in the world. She is selfless, caring, loving, and sacrifices everything for me and my sisters. Vivi is so lucky to have her as a Kee Kee :)


I could not have asked for a better weekend. It still feels surreal that I am a mommy to my precious baby girl. I will never take for granted the gift of motherhood that God has given me. To those that had a hard weekend due to infertility, pregnancy loss, or missing their own mom, I prayed for you and will continue praying for you.

12 comments :

  1. What a great weekend!! You just have To laugh at the fussing and inhaling your brunch! Happens to us on the reg still!! That painting is precious and something you'll cherish forever. So glad you had the best first Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect weekend - tears and all. ;) I love that picture of you & Vivian in the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg so cute! happy belated mothers day! i love the gifts you got - so sweet! i mean, vivi is the best gift of all right? ;)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought about you this weekend, and all the other first time mamas. Love your dress and what a darling picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That watercolor painting is just precious and I am amazed he thought of that! What a fabulous first Mother's Day for you, friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a first Mother's Day! It looks like it was a WONDERFUL day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That watercolor print is just beautiful! So glad you had a great weekend with a truly memorable first mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had the best time celebrating your first Mother's Day!! That print is gorgeous - I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful first Mother's Day weekend!! Such a blessing! Your painting is a beautiful surprise! Great job, Garrett!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww happy first mother's day to you!!! gosh that sweet little baby girl of yours melts me!! there can be so much pressure in those early days when you never know if you'll get through anything without them fussing! jesus is still forgiving my almost 2 year old in church each sunday haha!!! ;) y'all are doing a super great job and i know you are soaking in that sweetness!!! she just looks so squeezable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still cannot get over that painting!!! Well done, Garrett!!! Seriously so special!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design