Vivian Kate | 8 months

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Sweet Vivi,
Time is flying! Your personality is growing and you are just so much fun. You squeal and bury your face in me when you get excited. I love watching you grow and I can't imagine my life without you in it!


Weight
21 lbs. Big girl!


Sleep
We went through a rough patch in the sleep department last week when she was sick. She woke up multiple times a night and I ended up having to rock her to sleep. I think we are finally back on the right track though. We have a strict bedtime routine. Bottle at 7:15pm, she falls asleep while I rock her, then in the crib she goes. She was waking up at 5:30am for a bottle but we nipped that in the bud. So usually she sleeps 7:15pm-6:30am.

We finally have a somewhat regular nap schedule. She is taking two naps a day. They are usually 9-10:30ish in the morning then 1:30-3:30ish in the afternoon. Sometimes they are shorter and she will take a third short nap late afternoon.

She drinks 5oz every 3ish hours, so typically 25oz a day. She loooves eating and hasn't met a fruit or veggie she doesn't like. She gets solids/purees 3x a day at meal times. We also just started soft finger foods like bananas, kiwis, strawberries, etc. She thinks she is such a big girl feeding herself! I am still making all of her baby food but it is getting hard to keep up because she eats so much! I think this will I am going to give her a scrambled egg and may try peanut butter as well.


Clothes
She is in mostly 12m clothes right now. She has a few 9-12m and they are getting super snug. And 12-18m are still a tad too big.
Likes
Loves to eat! Her favorites are pears, apples, sweet potatoes, prunes, and mangos. She loves her puffs. Still really enjoys her exersaucer and jumper. She is always content outside so we go on lots of walks. Her very favorite thing to do outside is ride in her ride cruiser car. She thinks she is such a big girl in that thing, it's adorable! She loves sitting on the porch waiting for her daddy to get home from work and her face lights up when we go in her room in the morning.


Dislikes
There aren't many dislikes, thankfully. She doesn't enjoy having her hands and face wiped after she eats. She also doesn't enjoy being in the car for long periods of time (but who does?!). Overall, she has become a very happy baby!

Milestones
You had your first ear infection and cold this month. Not a good milestone but something to document nonetheless. It was so sad! We got home from your baptism and you felt warm so I took your temp and it was 102.6*. I took you to the doctor and they diagnosed you with an ear infection. You never even got fussy... if it weren't for your fever I never would have known! I left you overnight for the first time this month when I went to Key West. It was so hard leaving you and I decided only family vacations from now on :) No signs of crawling yet, you'd prefer for us to carry you everywhere. You are trying to start pulling up on stuff though.

Vivi's pjs sold out but similar here

11 comments :

  1. Gosh I love her so much! I can't believe how big she is getting. I'm so glad I finally got to see her this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a little doll! I absolutely adore the way you dress her! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eight months, no way!!! Such a sweet smile and her cheeks, oh my word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's precious! I'm expecting a baby girl in February. I'd love a post about where you get all her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright mama - spill. Where are you finding the sweet scalloped tops and outfit? I can't believe your sweet Vivi is already 8 months - my girl is just around the corner from 10 months and the double digit milestone is about to put me in the bed. Time is flying way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! That first outfit - melt my heart!! She is beautiful!! I cannot believe she's already 8 months, time is flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - eight months already!! I love that daddy does her hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter is the same age, born in February--you have her dressed so beautifully! I must ask though..her (ribbon) bows?! Where do you find them?--My girl is lacking in the hair department and is constantly called a boy...even though she's decked out in pink! Enjoy reading your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the little Hanna Anderson pj's! Her Little Tar Heels outfit is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is my favorite month of pictures yet! Also, the picture of her and her daddy? Totally twins. So so so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design