Five (times two!) on Friday: our favorite books!

Friday, January 26, 2018


Today I am switching up my usual Five on Friday post and sharing five (times two!) of our favorite children's books. These are all of our favorite books right now. Vivian loves to read and that makes me so happy! She gets it honestly and I hope she continues to enjoy it as she grows. We are always looking for cute, interactive books so leave your favorites in the comments below!


1) Pat the Zoo. Probably her very favorite book. All sorts of different textures to feel and look at. Cutest book ever!

2) Jesus Calling for Little Ones. I have the Jesus Calling daily devotional and this one for kids is just as great. It has short "lessons" and prayers and is perfect for introducing your children to Jesus.

3) Tickle Monster. This book is still a little over her head but I think she will enjoy it so much when she gets a little older. Super cute!

4) That's Not My Fairy. She was gifted this book and a fairy wand to go with it for Christmas. Different textures to feel. Short and sweet. We also love That's Not My Puppy which is basically the same but dog themed, obviously.

5) I Prayed For You. Goodness gracious this book makes me teary every time we read it. Especially for mamas that have gone through infertility, this book will tug at your heart strings.

6) Guess How Much I Love You. This book is so special to me because I remember my mom reading it to me when I was small. A timeless, classic book.

7) Where's The Giraffe. Perfect for babies and toddlers. There are little flaps that you look behind to "find" the animals. She gets so proud of herself all 50 times a day that we read it.

8) Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. There's a big button on the front that you press to play the song while you read (or sing). I literally sing that song in my sleep these days.

9) Big Look Bible Book. An adorable book that introduces your child to some of the most "famous" people in the Bible such as Noah, Moses, David and Goliath.

10) Colors Pop-Up Peekaboo. Behind the flaps are animals waiting to say peekaboo! Sadly, we don't know what "gentle" means yet so half our flaps are torn. She's obsessed with this book and also with Pop-Up Peekaboo Meow which is the same concept for different animals.

Linking up with AprilChristina and Amanda

6 comments :

  1. Guess How Much I Love You is one of my all time favorite books. I read it to Graham almost every night! Such sweet options and great book recs! Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to look up some of these from Knox. We love "God Gave Us You" and "On the Night You Were Born," too! :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these choices; especially I prayed for you. I’ll add it to my secret amazon list for when we finally get our baby. I love reading chica chica boom boom. It’s probably my favorite because of the rhymes; I can almost say it from memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, we love to read! Sandra Boynton wrote some of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting new books for Olivia is one of my favorite little treats! This roundup is perfect-- thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design