The end of a chapter

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Today is my last day at my current job... my first "big girl" job as a physician assistant. It is truly bittersweet. I have been here for 2 years and we are like one big family. I am comfortable here but feel like I have "plateaued" in terms of learning. I absolutely love learning and expanding my knowledge of medicine and treating patients which is why I am super excited for the next step in my career.

Back story: I wasn't even looking for a new job but one fell in my lap and it was too good to pass up. It is amazing how God opens doors for you and His plan is always best! I will now be working at a super high-esteemed orthopedic practice just 5 minutes from my house (as opposed to my 30 minute commute now). I will be part of a group consisting of eight surgeons and six physician assistants. A much bigger practice than I am at now. The best part is I spent 4 years here before PA school so I already know everyone! It feels like going home and I am so excited.

My new job is at a Level I trauma center and it is the biggest orthopedic practice in the eastern half of our state so my days will be much more exciting (and busy!). The surgeons and PA's I will be working with are brilliant and some of the best in the country. I cannot wait to learn from them and expand my orthopedic knowledge. And getting to assist in the operating room with incredibly talented surgeons is the icing on the cake.

So, while I am so sad to say goodbye to my coworkers and work family today, I am pumped to be stepping out of my comfort zone and into the next chapter. Change is scary but necessary for growth!

13 comments :

  1. Such a bittersweet day!! But you are going to be awesome at the new practice and learn so much!! I am so glad I’ve got you to call on and bring my boys to see whenever they have their first bone break. (It’s coming. I know it!) hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bittersweet day but so exciting too!! And yay for a 5 min commute!! Mine is about the same and it is heaven!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you and proud of you! Happy last day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful!! Congratulations!! How exciting to be back with a group you already know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job - so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you lady! Your new office is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on this new chapter!! Sounds like lots of excitement heading your way! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! This is so exciting! I hope you love your new job and co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new job!!! I love how it feels like going home - what a beautiful transition!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! That's amazing it fell into your lap! I would love to interview for my working motherhood series- let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The same thing happened to me recently! Worked at an urgent care as a nurse and loved it but was open to other jobs. I happened to see one job at a pediatric office and it just all fell into place! I'm about a month in and other than getting sick from all these kids germs recently, I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS!!!!! Such an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design