Weekending: cute (and cheap!) holiday shirts!

Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Monday friends! Today is an exciting day: it's the first day at my new job! I feel like it's my first day at a new school... so many new friends to meet and who will I sit with at lunch?!

Anyway, this weekend was our first weekend at home in forever. I was so great to have no plans but we still managed to do so much and I was exhausted by Sunday night. Friday morning Vivi woke up just not acting herself. I looked in her ears (perks of working in medicine!) and indeed she had an ear infection. We were at the pediatrician by 8:00am and they confirmed that she did, in fact, have an ear infection and they sent us on our way with antibiotics.

Well when I got to the car (with a cranky baby who didn't feel good and was supposed to be at home napping) it wouldn't crank. A dead freaking battery. My entire family was out of town and my husband was at work and wasn't answering his phone. After about 10 minutes of waiting and wondering what to do Garrett finally snuck away and came to save us. Needless to say, my Friday wasn't starting off on a good note.



 Friday night we had friends over for dinner and I took the lazy easy way out and picked up a few big chicken parmesan dishes from a local italian restaurant and threw together a salad. We had the best time chatting and letting the babies "play".

Saturday morning I snuck away to the gym for the first time in forrrrever for a cycling class. It felt amazing to work out! Then my husband told me to go shopping for a few hours while he kept Vivi... twist my arm. I scored 4 tops on major sale and I can't wait to share them with y'all!

top | shoes

This red blouse from Loft is on sale from $50 to just $30! I got it for work but how cute would it be with a black skirt and black heels or booties for a Christmas party?! 


This dark green top from Old Navy was just $18! The prettiest color for Christmas time. This top has bell sleeves but they are simple and not dramatic... perfect for work.


 top | necklace

When I saw this red velvet top at Old Navy, I knew 100% that it was coming home with me. For only $12 (!!!), I almost got it in every single color. I am considering wearing it for family pictures this weekend, thoughts?! And every single day in December ha!

top | necklace | shoes

I have a terrible habit of finding a top I love and buying it in multiple colors. That's exactly what I did with this top but you can never have too many black tops, am I right? This will be on repeat for work and dressed up for dinner dates, girls nights, etc.


Saturday night my niece spent the night and we watched Christmas movies, had candy and popcorn and fell asleep way too early. It was so fun! Sunday morning Vivi was feeling better so we went to church, gym, grocery store... our usual Sunday routine. So that is our boring but great weekend in a nutshell!

7 comments :

  1. Ugh, I still can’t believe about poor Vivi AND the car not starting! I’m so glad your weekend went up from there and I’m LOVING all the tops you bought. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday started so rough for you but glad that it ended on a high note with friends! I feel the same way you do about finding a top you love and buying it in multiple colors..that is pretty much my wardrobe motto haha. Good luck today, I know you will do awesome and have so many friends to sit with at lunch hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH, car troubles are the worst! So sorry that happened :( Love that cute velvet top and such a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, your Friday was definitely off to a rough start. I hope Vivi is feeling better and your new tops are so adorable! If I find a top I love I buy it in multiple colors too so you aren't alone. Hope you have an amazing first day at your new job! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy first day at the new job! so exciting :) also great tops you scored girly! and i cant handle that sweet baby photo! that belly! she is the cutest even when under the weather. hope those meds kicked in quick

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend - minus the sick baby and dead battery. So glad you were able to get that fixed quickly and Vivi is feeling better! I love your sleepover with your niece tradition - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your sweet girl is feeling better! Car trouble is the worst and always seems to happen when everyone is busy or away. LOVE those tops! The red on is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design