What to do in Key West

Thursday, August 16, 2018

I've had lots of messages and emails about things to do and places to eat in Key West. I posted recently about our favorite restaurants in Key West and today is all about what to do on the island.

++

+ First things first, rent bikes at Eaton Bikes. Having bikes is key to getting around the island and being able to explore. There is absolutely zero parking available so don't waste money renting a car. There are places to lock your bikes up outside all restaurants.

+ Get a drink at Sloppy Joe's Bar. A Key West landmark and a must visit while you're there! There is live music at all times. It is such a fun and loud atmosphere.


 + Ride the Conch Tour Train. Super touristy but a fun way to see the entire island and learn the history behind everything. The perfect way to relax and spend a morning.

+ Take the boat to Latitudes at Sunset Key for happy hour. You have to call Latitudes restaurant to make reservations for happy hour and they will put your name on the list to get on the ferry boat to the island. You board the boat right near Mallory Square and its a quick 5 minute ride to Sunset Key. The cocktails are divine and there's a reason it's called Sunset Key. This is my favorite activity that we do every trip. A must!


+ Walk Duval Street. Start at one end and make your way down. There are tons of neat shops with handmade souvenirs but also some decent shopping like Banana Republic factory, Gap factory, etc.

+ Throw a quarter into the fish's mouth outside of Captain Tony's Saloon. There is a huge fish at the entrance of the bar and it is said that if you toss a quarter and make it into the fish's mouth, good luck will follow you until you leave the island. After a few of Captain Tony's famous rum punches, this makes for a hilarious time.


+ Visit Mallory Square at sunset. Every single night, 365 days a year, people gather for live music, drinks, magicians, jugglers, food, and it's basically one huge party. It is the best place on the island to watch sunset and a must when in Key West.


Ever been to Key West? What fun things am I missing?

++

Grab the button below and link up to Annie , Natalie and Owen on your Thoughts for Thursday post.
Use #thoughtsforthursdays on Instagram and tag us @homeofmalones , @eastcoastnat and @mrsordavis. Link up starts at 7 am EST.
Follow us on Bloglovin’ too:

7 comments :

  1. I've been thinking Key West should be my husband and I's next baby-free trip so I'm definitely saving this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. We have been to Key West twice but never found the opportunity to stay there for long and take the time to explore.. hopefully next time.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't been to Key West in years but when I lived in FL I went a few time!! I love the beautiful sunsets that you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get your lover back urgent effective love spell to win and get ex back my advise reveal you all to contact Dr Ogudugu for a genuine love spell on greatogudugu@gmail.com that work fast. here is my relationship story. my boyfriend told me it was over and walk away without any reasons, I was confuse and didn't know what to do. I was desperate, I want him back, I went over the internet looking for ways to get my boyfriend back. I read about many different ways of how to get ex back, but Dr Ogudugu caught my attention. I immediately contacted him and explained my problem to him. It was amazing and surprising that 11hrs after the urgent love spell was cast, my boyfriend called me and was begging me to forgive him and accept him back, Couldn't believe, but later after he came to my house and fell on his knees asking me to take him back am so happy that my love is back again. I am testifying on this forum just to let people know that Dr Ogudugu is real and genuine. don't hesitate to try him out. thank you Dr Ogudugu you are truly talented and gifted genuine spell caster. Contact him now if you need your girlfriend/boyfriend back or your girlfriend moved on to another man, do not cry anymore .. Dr Ogudugu is here to help out in relationship problem coz problem share is problem solve.
    Email him at.... greatogudugu@gmail.com
    whatsapp...+27663492930

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
    whatsapp +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design