Business casual

Saturday, July 12, 2014

I have recently noticed that my style is slowly changing. I have to dress "nice" for class [if we aren't wearing scrubs] and I will also have to dress business casual for most of my clinicals that start in 5 months [holy cow I might have a heart attack]. When I am shopping I find myself migrating towards clothes that are business casual yet still fun and age appropriate. I am loving pieces that can be made conservative during the day but dressed up at night if I go straight from school to dinner with my friends. It is important that I still embrace my style and love of clothes even though they have to be conservative for my profession. Also, sad but true, being a young-ish female in a mostly male profession, we have to be very careful about what we wear. People already look at me and tell me I am "too young to be a PA" or assume that because I am blonde that I'm not competent [yes, I've had this remark]. So, I want my wardrobe to reflect my style while also portraying a professional, competent clinician.

The first look I am LOVING right now is high-waisted pants. These are so flattering and I always feel more comfortable when my legs are covered in clinic. The look can be put together with a simple top tucked in.


 Dresses with sleeves, both long and short-sleeved, are elegant and classic. Throw on flats in the spring/fall and boots with tights in the winter and you are set! Dresses never go out of style and make you feel feminine in any setting. I am loving the blazer over dress look [I will have to try that this fall!].


 Skirts are the classic "business casual" look for females. I love stepping out of the plain black skirt box and adding some color, whether solid or a fun pattern. Skirts look super cute with flats, which I will be wearing 100% of the time. Here are a few of my favorite looks:



Where are your favorite places to shop for business casual clothes? J Crew is my go-to [I could buy the whole store if I could!].

4 comments :

  1. LOVE your picks! I feel the same way about my clothes now. I have to find things that are age appropriate but stylish. I shop at J.Crew, LOFT and Ann Taylor. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Finding things that can transition past work is so hard. The LOFT is absolutely a fav of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love all of these! Clean, feminine, and totally stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post, Really Great. I was simply amazed with the quality you have.
    I just published something about Business Casual
    Here is article about business casual, a very helpful and informative article on business casual. If anyone wants any ideas about business casual then you should visit
    http://businesstiptop.com/business-casual-complete-guide/

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design