Weekending: Raleigh!

Monday, October 12, 2015

This weekend G and I traveled 2 hours east to Raleigh, NC to visit my sister-in-law. Raleigh has so many fun things to do and yummy places to eat compared to our hometown so we make the trip frequently. Friday we headed straight to Poole's Diner for dinner. Thanks to my girl Meghan for the recommendation!! We had never been and it was out of this world delicious!

We all 3 got something different and we were all pleased. The fried okra and mac-and-cheese were to.die.for. To top it off we stopped for ice cream on the way home #foodcoma. I was in bed by 9:30 thanks to this awful cold I'm fighting.


Saturday I spent the morning on the couch with Starbs and GMA… my kind of heaven. Then I met my girl Meghan @ Champagne and Suburbs for lunch at Side Street cafe! We had the best blate [blogger date]. I could have sat and talked alllll day long, it was so great to catch up in person!


Saturday afternoon we went to the mall and I spent way too much money at Bobbi Brown [imagine that]. I got this gel eyelinerthis eyeliner brushthis lip gloss in "nude", and this eyeshadow in "velvet plum". Then we had delicious pizza at Brixx and went to see "The Intern" with Anne Hathaway. It was SO good! All you working mommas out there, this movie is for you!


Sunday we had breakfast at the farmers market. The best southern, country cookin' breakfast ever!! Then I swooned over their fresh bouquets for far too long. Hubs has the patience of a saint. After staring for 30 minutes, I chose 2 that I couldn't live without: one for us and one for my momma. Because who doesn't love being surprised with a gorgeous bouquet of fall flowers?? Then we made the 2 hour trek back home. One bouquet in my lap and one in my husbands. Have I mentioned how much I love that man?

Linking up with Meghan and Biana

20 comments :

  1. So fun that you were able to see Meghan in person - such a doll that one!! So glad you liked the Intern - probably my favorite movie this year!!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so jealous of your blate with Meghan! And that mac and cheese looks heavenly. I'll take that for breakfast please! I still need to see The Intern, it looks so cute! Hope you're feeling better! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun weekend, and yay for a blate with Meghan! So much amazing food and gorgeous flowers. Hope you're feeling better *hugs* and ready to take on the week <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner! It's the only stuff I can use!!! Those flowers are amazing!! I was trying to remember the last time I saw flowers that pretty, and I definitely think it was when I lived in California!! Those are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah no you cannot be sick too! glad it's a cold and not the nastiness that i had! don't worry about bobbi brown purchases, of course i needed one thing at MAC this weekend and bought 3 things ha. sounds like a great weekend with that fab husband of yours - y'all are too cute with those flowers :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun filled weekend! You and Meghan look like you had the best time and your mac and cheese Friday night looks simply amazing! The flowers look so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much good eats in this post! I was cracking up over your snaps. That is totally something I would make Mark do and he would roll his eyes the whole way home ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogger date are so fun! I swear they never seem long enough!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun weekend!! I LOVE the Farmer's Market - too bad my parents just moved from Raleigh and I can't try those other places you went to! Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mac and cheese at Poole's is down right sinful and soooo good. Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a great weekend!! I think it's so neat you were able to meet other bloggers in person :) All of those flowers are beautiful, love fresh flowers in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers are really pretty! And the food... looks so yummy♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got over a cold! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like it was a great weekend. Those flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVED SEEING YOU! So glad you loved Poole's and those flowers.. swoon! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  16. That fried okra and mac and cheese look so delicious!! And those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok this looks perfect! Makes me really miss Raleigh! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love getting to visit Raleigh for work. Such a cute town! How is it so easy to spend large amounts of money at makeup counters?? Especially Bobbi Brown!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never been to Raleigh but I've heard many great things. The food you had looks amazing and I really want all the makeup that you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like such a fun weekend! Your husband sounds like a total catch. My husband always laughs at me when I pull out my iPhone camera. Really? You need a picture of this! But your deliberation was totally worth it! What beautiful flowers and how sweet that you brought one back for your mom!

    Annie- All Things Big And Small

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design