Coffee Talk

Wednesday, May 31, 2017


If we were having coffee I'd tell you…

-Vivian has gone from waking up only once a night to multiple times a night and it's killing me. I can totally handle once a night, but 3 times? I feel like a zombie again. I've tried letting her cry for 15 minutes but she just continues crying. And then she sucks her bottle down in .5 seconds like she is absolutely starved. If I didn't think she was starving I would just let her cry it out but I feel like I'm starving her if I don't feed her! Help mommas! Any suggestions?

-We just booked a trip to the Cayman Islands in January and I.cannot.wait. My entire family is going, including Vivian (insert big eyed emoji), so it won't be as relaxing as usual but it will definitely be more fun! It will be Vivian's first time on an airplane so if you have tips for traveling with a 10 month old, send them my way.

-My transition back to work has been much better than I expected. Even though I miss her like crazy when I'm there, it feels really good to get back to doing what I love. I am so blessed to have a job and coworkers that I absolutely love. It makes me feel productive and also makes me cherish my time at home with Vivi even more. And it doesn't hurt that all my patients ask to see pictures of her!

-I officially cannot return anything else to Target for the rest of the year. Wtf? I went to return a bathing suit yesterday and the lady typed in my license number and said, "I'm sorry ma'am but you have maxed out your returns". How is that even such a thing? I guess that's what I get for going to Target every single day of maternity leave haha! 

-Before Vivi was born I had all these sweet visions of our dog Bella being so cuddly with Vivi and it has been the exact opposite. She is still quite pissed at us for bringing this new human being home to live in her house. She faces the wall and won't even sit on the couch with us, which is her favorite thing. It's pretty heartbreaking :( I'm hoping she will come around once Vivi starts crawling and walking and interacting more.

-I'm hosting an online Matilda Jane trunk show tomorrow and part of the sales will be donated to one of my couple friends going through IVF. Shop tomorrow and help me raise money for them! There are adorable things for everyone, from toddles to adults!

What would you tell me if we were having coffee?

15 comments :

  1. My Charlotte will be 5 months old on 6/6 and is going through a similar sleep regression and it's killing me too! She went from going down at 9:30, waking up to eat at 1am, then sleeping until 6:30 to going down at 9:30... and waking up at 11, 1:30, 3:15 and 4:30 (and that was just last night). I'm telling myself that she's going through a growth spurt, and the Wonder Weeks app is actually really helpful. I don't live and breathe by it, but when she goes through these random phases, I check the app and it gives guidelines about where she is developmentally and what may be causing the fussiness, sleep struggles, etc. I'm so following this though to see if any other seasoned mamas give you input because coffee can only do so much! :)

    As for your sweet Bella, I'm sending encouraging wishes that she'll come around. Our dog, Molly, is 6 years old and was absolutely the center of our world before Charlotte was born. We call her our hum-og because she basically acts/was treated to some degree like a human haha. I was so, so nervous about how she would adapt to having a baby in the house, and had the same visions that you did! I'd see YouTube videos of dogs snuggling with babies and think "Yes! That will so be our life!" Yea, not so much. Molly's initial behavior sounds similar to Bella's - she's never acted out, but she would lay on her bed with her back to us or give me her puppy eyes from across the room and it broke my heart. She gradually started moving closer to me (sitting on the same couch that I was on with the baby, following me to the nursery), and just in the last couple of weeks she's started really snuggling Charlotte. She wants to be right at my feet while I'm nursing, waits in the nursery for C's bedtime routine, will sneak up on the bed to rest her head against C's feet... it's the absolute sweetest. So my advice is to just give her a little more time. It was honestly like one day Molly woke up and realized that while she's not the only "baby" in the house anymore, she's still super important to us and she might as well accept that this little human is here to stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target has a maximum return policy?! That seems crazy to me! We're planning a trip over Dec/Jan with my family and will be bringing the little baby while she's 6 months.... hopefully we're not too crazy! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had no idea about target returns!!!! that's ridiculous in their part. pshhh! but the caymans!!!! now that sounds perfectly dreamy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target return policy what???? So random! Hang in there on the multiple wake ups - maybe hitting a milestone or spurt? Andi is only 2 but it seems so long ago! Glad the work transition is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother and sister in law's cat was pretty pissed when they had Jack, too. BUT they sent a video not too long ago of them sitting next to each other on a chair, so there is definitely hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a limit on returns??? What the HECK?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How old is Viv? Close to 4 months right? No joke, there is a 4 month sleep regression. It's killer and it can last anywhere from 2-6 weeks! And then just as you get her back to normal, another one will happen from 8-10 months, at 12 months, at 18 months and then 2 years! :) The joy of parenting, right? You should Google 'Wonder Weeks' Its a cool way to describe and track what's happening with your babe and help you know what's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear going back to work hasn't been that bad! I'm so glad you have such a great work to go back to which makes it a lot easier :) The Cayman Islands are going to be so much fun - can't wait to hear about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Vivi's first trip - so exciting!! I'm so glad to hear getting back to work hasn't been too bad! Dying over your return ban - I'm seriously in there returning all. the. time. Sometimes I have Derek take it instead of me haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, Brady did the EXACT same thing when we brought Hadley home. He wouldn't even sleep upstairs with us (he always sleeps on our bed/in our bathroom) for a long time and it broke my heart. BUT, now that she's moving around more and doesn't cry 24/7 ha, he is much more interested! He even brings her his tennis ball now and his tail wags like crazy whenever she wakes up- it so so sweet! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grand Cayman is MY FAVORITE!!! So excited for y'all. Seven Mile Beach is LITERALLY heaven and swimming with the stingrays in unreal. Our little guy now has 50+ flights under his belt - here's the first post I ever wrote on flying with baby: http://www.klein.co/2013/10/flying-with-baby-tips-tricks.html - then I wrote this one: http://www.klein.co/2014/04/flying-solo-with-baby.html - when he was closer to one year like your Vivian will be. I found the ages from 1.5 -2 (when they are still a lap child but wanting to move everywhere always) were the hardest. At 10 months, y'all will be golden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister definitely hit that return policy at Target too when she was pregnant. That is beyond absurd to have a policy like that in place! How many ounces is V taking down before bed? Might be time to up the quantity so her belly is a little fuller!But there also is a little dreaded something called the 4 month sleep regression. No bueno!

    As far as the plane goes just make sure she is sucking on something at both takeoff and landing as it can be a little hard on their ears. She is still so little come your trip that hopefully she will just hang out and sleep on you!

    As far as your dog Bella - have no fear. We joke around that Finn still is like "when is she leaving?" We found that it is most important to always greet him first when coming home. Let him know he is still so loved. It's not really until now that P and Finn have really bonded. So just keep at it! He goes absolutely everywhere with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh I didn't know that Target had a return limit!! That's crazy!! Glad that your transition back to work hasn't been too bad girl!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know that Target had a return limit! And so exciting about your trip! I am so sorry to hear about Bella, but I know she'll come around. Winston was pretty pissed when we brought Gizmo home, so I have always worried what he would think about a baby! xx, I'm Fixin' To

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design