My fur baby

Friday, April 11, 2014

Hubs and I are both huge animal lovers. We both grew up with dogs so we always knew we would eventually get one. We started to really consider it after we had been dating 2 years and knew we were in it for the long haul. I wanted a golden doodle and he wanted a German short-haired pointer. "What the heck is a GSP and why would we get a spotted hunting dog???" -Me. I totally ate my words. One of his best friends had a GSP and Garrett fell in love with it. So we started looking for breeders.

We were on a college budget but we also wanted to make sure she was purebred and healthy. The closest breeder we found was in Sparta, NC... a tiny town in the mountains. The litter was born on August 29, 2011. A week later we drove 4 long hours and picked her out. They "marked" her with a stripe of pink glittered fingernail polish on her back so that we would know which one she was.

5 weeks later we drove back, with the car packed full of toys, food, and brand new collar with her name tag (that was entirely too big and didn't fit). We felt like proud parents! We picked her up and took turns driving home so that we could each hold her.

I won't lie... the next few months were pretty miserable with sleepless nights and potty training. He was still playing baseball so I had to drive to his apartment every day after class to let her out/play with her. Having a dog is NOT easy in college! But how can you not fall in love with that sweet, furry face??? We fell in love with her and since then she has been my best girl, keeps me company when Garrett travels, provides unconditional love, and makes me feel so happy every day when she welcomes me at the front door.

She just might be the most spoiled dog in the world. People always ask if we hunt with her... if hunting means sleeping under the covers then yes. She is the most diva, NON-hunting GSP ever.



Our family will have a dog for the rest of our lives!

1 comment :

  1. I have decided I like dogs better than most humans. Is that bad? Winston is the best thing that happened to DG and me. Bella is such a precious girl! xo

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design