Scenes from our weekend

Monday, September 18, 2017

Happy Monday friends! We had a great weekend at home. I got in bed last night and told Garrett how much I love our life and our little family. It was one of those weekends :)

Friday night we went to a fundraiser event for the Boys & Girls Club and I only managed to get one picture. There was lots of good food and drinks and a really fun band. My MIL kept Vivi and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her the entire night.


My best friend Kate who lives in Charlotte was in town this weekend so Saturday morning we headed to her parents' house bright and early to see her. We have been best friends since 6th grade and now that she lives out of town we don't see each other nearly enough. Vivian Kate is named after her so it is so special to see my best friend holding my baby.

We spent Saturday afternoon running errands, going to the gym, cleaning the house and cooking. We had some friends over for dinner Saturday night which was so much fun. They have a little girl exactly 1 year older than Vivian and they were so sweet together. Garrett slow cooked ribs for 6 hours and they turned out aaaamazing. We also had crockpot macaroni and cheese and green bean casserole. Garrett and I agreed that this was our idea of the perfect weekend night... at home with friends. We got social interaction but didn't have to leave our baby with a babysitter. The best of both worlds!


Sunday morning we had all intentions of going to church and putting Vivi in the nursery for the first time but she woke up with a bad cold. Turns out her two bottom teeth had just popped through the skin! So we decided to stay home and watch church online. The rest of the day was spent watching football (go Panthers!), grocery shopping, snuggling my sick baby, and family dinner at my mom's house. Already looking forward to Friday!

9 comments :

  1. what a nice weekend! The best of both worlds, a night out and a night in with friends! Those ribs looked amazing. So fun to see your bestie and I love that you named vivi after her..seriously the sweetest!! Happy Monday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That weekend sounds amazing! I love weekends like that at home with my people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a perfect weekend! i agree - that sounds like the best of all the worlds, having friends over, hanging with your sweet baby and all the good food. doesn't get much better!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a weekend where you end with that feeling of such happiness! This does sound like a perfect one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome that Vivian is named after your best friend! That's got to be so special for her too! So glad that you guys had such a nice weekend, and a night out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Vivian is such a doll - I always love her outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww love that you said that to G! Slow roasted ribs and friends with babies - what could be better?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a successful weekend!! minus the baby cold. booo!!! but how fun to see your bestie and your babe together!! so so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those ribs look SO tasty and moist!! My mom brought some over that were already marinated and I just needed to pop in the oven... but I left them at the office and forgot about them for a few days... womp womp womp... After seeing this picture, I think I need to make some!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design