Baby essentials months 6-9

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I cannot believe my baby is 9 months old (tomorrow)! When I was pregnant I loved reading about other momma's favorites for their littles. I think its great to read other recs so you can get an idea about things that your little might love as well. I posted about our favorites for months 0-3 here and for months 3-6 here. Here are my favorites for months 6-9!

++

Baby Bjorn carrier. We have used the heck out of this! Once she was officially too big for the Solly Wrap, we transitioned her into this and have been so happy with it. Sometimes we face her in and sometimes we face her out. It is very supportive and doesn't kill your back.


Teething egg. She has been teething for the past 2 months straight basically and she loves chewing on this egg. I could attach it to her clothes so that she could grab it whenever she wanted.

Ikea high chair. For $20, you absolutely cannot beat this high chair. It is easy on the eyes, easy to wipe down and you don't have to worry about fabric getting nasty and covered in puffs and baby food. Take my word for it: do not spend $250 on a high chair!


Singing elephant. By far her favorite toy right now! It sings and flaps it's ears and she laughs and smiles every.single.time.

Banana teething toothbrush. It is flexible and has handles so it's super easy for them to hold onto and chew on. Doubles as a teether and a toothbrush and added bonus that it looks super cute!


Aden + Anais sleep sack. We transitioned her out of the Merlin's magic sleep suit into this sleep sack when she started rolling and thankfully it was a smooth transition. She is hot natured so I like that this sleep sack is pretty thin but we put long sleeve pjs on underneath. They do make some that are thicker and warmer like this one.

Ride Cruiser Car. She is obsessed with this thing. We could literally push her around for hours and she'd hold on to the steering wheel, happy as can be. So dang cute!


Puffs. Need I say more? I buy organic so that I don't feel quite as guilty about giving her half a container of these every night to keep her occupied while I cook dinner.

Teether paci. Loves this when going through rough teething days.

Colorful suction spin wheels. These are so fun for bath time. She loves to watch as I pour water over them and make them spin. She also really loves these stackable bath boats and so do I because they don't get gross and mildewed like some of the squirt toys do. Also, they are stackable which saves space and makes them easy to store.


Bath sponge. I have had SO many people ask me about this. Vivi hated her bathtub when she was a newborn because she wasn't fully immersed in water so she got cold. I bought this cheap sponge which we just put in the bottom of the tub and lay her on it and she has loved bath time ever since. Now she just sits on it to prevent her from slipping and sliding all around.

Outdoor swing. She loves being outdoors and loves swinging too! Sometimes it even puts her right to sleep ;)


Sippy cup. At Vivi's 6 month check-up our pediatrician suggested that we start introducing water in a sippy cup so that she will be comfortable drinking out of them when we stop bottles at 1. I got these and at first she had no idea how to drink from it but now she's a pro! I've heard great things about these Dr. Brown's sippy cups and I will definitely introduce these spill-free sippy cups when she gets a little older.

Bead Maze Cube. One of her favorite toys right now. All the different sides keep her entertained for a while and she loves standing and holding onto it (with my assistance!).


Music activity table. She wants to be standing 100% of the time. She loves standing up and playing on her table with the lights and music.

Push walker. She still can't do this on her own yet but she loooves when we support her while she "walks" and pushes it. She gets so proud of herself, it's hilarious!

Light and music bar. The perfect toy for tummy time. It has a little stand so you can prop it up. There are three modes: animal sounds, colors and music. Also three languages but we stick to english ha!


Alright mamas, what am I missing?!

4 comments :

  1. I think we had almost all of these things! It's so hard for me to even remember when my two were that little, It seems like forever ago some days and yesterday the others! All great "must haves" for this age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to so many of these things! Knox *still* uses that banana toothbrush, and I used the heck out of that high chair! I'm with you: no point in buying a $250 high chair that they're just going to stain and ruin! (And it took me until my second kid to figure that out!) ;) Happy 9 Months, sweet Vivi girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, she is still so darn cute! She definitely has your eyes! And smart idea about the high chair, it's not like it will last long anyway and you know it's going to have to be cleaned after every meal! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bennett has been teething for months too, I am ready for that thing to just break through ha! I've never seen the teething egg, will be buying that :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design