Key West June 2018!

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Happy almost weekend friends! Today I am coming at you with a picture overload and a recap of our Key West trip! I've mentioned before that my dad has a vacation home in Key West so we are super lucky that we get to visit the island a few times a year. My dad goes almost every other weekend and he doesn't understand how we can't just pick up and go... hello life with babies!

Anyways, we left after work Thursday and arrived just in time to put Vivi down for bed. She slept in a pack n play in our room and did so much better this time than she did last time. She thought it was hilarious when she woke up in the morning and we were in there with her, she would point and laugh and clap until we got her up.


Friday morning we were up early to make a grocery store run and ride around the island. My dad has a golf cart there which is SO much fun to ride around in. We pack in and the kids love chasing the chickens that are all over the island.


After Vivi's morning nap we loaded up and went out on the boat. We went to the sand bar at Snipes Key which was so fun and perfect for the kids. There is a huge sand bar that was covered in just a few inches of water. Vivi ran all around digging and looking for shells. We packed sandwiches for lunch and had a picnic on the boat. On the way back in Vivi fell asleep on me which neverrrr happens. Girl wore herself out!



We made in home in time for afternoon naps for the kids while the grown ups enjoyed quiet time by the pool with books and drinks and music.


For dinner we went to Conch Republic where the food is average but it's perfect for kids because it's outside right on the marina so they can run around and feed the fish. After dinner we rode around in the golf cart, visited the southernmost point buoy and of course we got ice cream.


Saturday morning we went to our very favorite restaurant on the island: Blue Heaven. A Key West landmark and you absolutely cannot visit the island without dining here. I always get the eggs benedict but the omelets and pancakes are delicious and the key lime pie is the best on the island in my opinion.


After breakfast we spent the morning at the splash pad that was recently built on the island. It is super nice and Vivi absolutely loved it! The perfect way to tire them out and cool off in the heat.


The rest of the day we hung out at the house swimming in the pool. Saturday late afternoon we packed up appetizers and went out on the boat for a sunset cruise and about 10 minutes into our ride the weather radar showed a major storm headed straight for us. Unfortunately we had to turn around and head back to the marina which ended up being for the best because it was a major storm that lasted the rest of the night.


Sunday morning we woke up to sunshine thankfully! We packed up and headed back on the boat and anchored on a small island. We were the only people there and it was so fun to explore and have a picnic there for lunch.


We had so much fun jumping off the boat in the middle of the ocean. The water is crystal blue and you can see all the way to the bottom. The kids were so amazed by the cruise ships that were constantly coming in and out of the port. I still don't understand how those things float ha!



Sunday night we made our 24th trip to the candy store then walked around and popped into a few bars before dinner. After dinner we went to Mallory Square for the sunset party to watch the street performers which the kids always love.


We were spoiled with a beautiful sunset on our last night. Well worth Vivi staying up 2 hours past her bedtime! As always, we had a blast and can't wait to go again!


++

Grab the button below and link up to Annie, Natalie and Owen on your Thoughts for Thursday post.
Use #thoughtsforthursdays on Instagram and tag us @homeofmalones , @eastcoastnat and @mrsordavis. Link up starts at 7 am EST.
Follow us on Bloglovin’ too:

11 comments :

  1. you had me at chicken chasing!!! this looks like HEAVEN!!! so glad you guys had an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! So many amazing memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AMAZING trip!! These pictures are all so wonderful. Absolutely love the Keys! This made me want to go back ASAP :) Love all your swimsuits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip! I am now adding this on my list of must visit places!! I guess your parents home was spared in the Hurricanes that hit? Or did I misunderstand and there was not that much damage to the Keys?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a fun weekend!! Minus the storm, the weather seemed perfect and allowed you guys to pack in all the fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing weekend! I am free any weekend your dad needs a stand-in daughter and five grandkids to come to Key West with him! 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved following along over the weekend, what a fun family trip! And look at all those precious little tanned beach babes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gahhh, this looks so fabulous. Low-key jealous of your dad jetting off there every chance he can. That water is so crystal clear - it's incredible!! Vivian seems to be taking to the water quite well - though who can blame her with views like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was a HIV-AIDS patient and I got it from cheating on my wife. It was sort of a payback but a week later I was told by a friend that the person who I cheated with had the HIV-AIDS virus and did not tell me. I was so stupid by not using a condom I thought since he was an old school friend he was trustworthy. But I was wrong. I cried and cried. Two days later, I got a phone call from my friend and he told me about a person who is known by another friend, who can help me. I could not let my wife know what I was going through. I finally got his email address: oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com and I emailed this man my story and he replied me immediately saying i should be calm and told me that everything will be OK. I could not come to terms with what I was hearing but then I concluded it did not matter because I was so broken I just needed help. I was going out of my mind literally. I was confused with what he was telling me, but I listened. He told me about some materials i need to buy that he needed to cast the spell and I said OK. I bought the materials to him, I sent down my picture to him and my positive result sheet and he replied me that i am going to be negative under 3days. I message Him every 2hours for 2day and I knew he thought that I was crazy but I did care I needed a shoulder. Behold, the third day he messaged me i should go for a test that i will be negative. My marriage could be broken because of a stupid mistake and my life was on the line. I remembered when I was going to get the results of my re-test I called him up again and told him that I was going to get my results today and his reply was “so" and that everything will be as he explained. I knew then that he was getting tired of me calling him, maybe I was wrong. Well I got my results and the first person I called was him - again. As he said hello I started to cry and cry. I could not believe it. I was given a second chance in life.This man is a great spiritual HIV/AIDS healer, his healing spell on aids healing is very powerful .please brothers and sister, contact Dr Ose oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com
    whatsapp +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design