Mother's Day

Monday, May 14, 2012

Yesterday was Mother's Day, so I will take a minute to brag on my amazing mom. I truly believe that she is the best mom in the whole world. She makes sacrifices every day for me and my sisters. She is the most selfless person I know and would rather be miserable if everyone around her is happy.


She has slept in my bed and rubbed my back when I've had my heart broken, nursed me back to health through [many] sicknesses, put up with my bad moods, and convinced me that I should agree to going on a date with the handsome blonde baseball player the day she moved me to Chapel Hill.


How gorgeous is my mom!? She looks like a model!


Three years ago I flew to Florida by myself to be on the summer staff for a Young Life camp for a month. I started feeling really sick and figured it was just from long days of playing with kids and not enough sleep. Well, they took me to the doctor and SURPRISE.. I was the first person in Florida to have the SWINE FLU. Yep... count on me to catch any and every type of sickness possible. I called my mom crying hysterically and she said she was coming to get me. She left straight from there and picked up my aunt in Tarboro and they drove 13 hours through the night to pick me up. I got in the car and we turned around and drove 13 more hours home. Talk about a saint!



It would take me days to write down all of the things my mom has done for me. I know I don't tell her nearly enough, but I am SO very thankful for my mom and I don't know what I would do without her. I pray to be half as great of a mom one day as she is to us every day.








No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design