Tuesday, July 9, 2013

If you know me at all, you know that I am an avid book-lover. When I get into a good book there is no pulling me away. I choose books over t.v. any day [nerd alert]. I am currently reading an amazing book called "Where the River Ends" by Charles Martin. I read a certain part today and instantly had goosebumps. That's what is so amazing about reading: you are challenged to use your imagination to create the image the author is trying to portray using only words. The words can be so vivid and can relate to you so much.

"I'm not marrying the idea of you. Or even the memory of you. I'm marrying you. So don't worry about what you might become. I'll love her, too. Even more. I'll take the bad because that means I will have lived to know the good."

The book goes on to tell the heart-breaking love story of how well the husband loves and takes care of his wife who is battling breast cancer. As I read, I can't help but hope and pray that I can love as deeply as this husband and wife. There is nothing like a good love story.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design