My niece

Sunday, August 25, 2013


Ella James Page-- the love of my life.

I never knew how much I could love someone. I love my family and my fiancé a lot, don't get me wrong. But the love I have for my niece is a different kind of love. I feel like my heart is outside of my chest crawling around on the floor and smiling her 2-toothed adorable grin.

My sister let me watch her birth which was the most amazing moment of my entire life. Watching this small miracle come into the world made my heart grow 10 sizes. Ever since that day, October 29, 2012, I realize there is much more to life than material things.

I rushed home from Chapel Hill when my sister went into labor. I made it in plenty of time being that Keehln labored for 36 hours. I emailed my teachers and told them I was a new aunt and that I would be missing class for a few days. When Ella James was 3 days old I had to leave her for the first time, and I sobbed as I drove back to Chapel Hill (only to return 24 hours later). And this morning when we dropped her off at the church nursery, we walked away and I told my sister I needed to go back and check on her one more time. Yes, I am overprotective, attached, and in love with my perfect niece. Man, I am going to be in trouble when I have kids of my own.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design