4 years

Sunday, September 22, 2013

4 years ago Garrett Winston Davis asked me to be his girlfriend. I still remember exactly what he said. He seemed so nervous while we were watching tv then he finally said, "I really like you, and I think you really like me? We have so much fun together. Would you like to officially be my girlfriend?" It was so adorable. 4 years later we are preparing to become husband and wife.

People always ask me if I knew right away that he was "the one". The truth is, I HOPED he was the one, but I felt like I didn't deserve him. He was the most good looking, respectful, thoughtful guy I had ever met. Usually these characteristics don't go together ;) After our first date I called my mom and told her how hott and amazing he was and that I was sure he would never call me again. Two minutes after hanging the phone up he asked me out on date #2. It all seemed too good to be true. Thankfully, it wasn't.

Garrett takes such good care of me, respects me, treats me like a princess, and gets excited over the smallest things with me. We truly are best friends. I could hang out with just him every day for the rest of my life and be content. I am so thankful God chose him for me. And I pray that I never take that for granted. Here's to 100+ more.

The first picture we ever took together

Visiting him in Cape Cod while he spend the summer there playing baseball



No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design