Five on Friday: Easter weekend!

Friday, April 3, 2015

Happy Good Friday! We are currently at the beach for our annual Easter weekend tradition with my whole family. Both me and hubs had the day off today [woohoo!] so we got to come last night! A long weekend at the beach= perfection. Here are my top 5 "things" from this week:

O N E

My first week in family medicine has been pretty good! For the most part it has been all diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol with a few interesting things mixed in. The most interesting thing I saw this week was a diabetic foot ulcer. The 49-year-old man was so non-compliant with his diabetes medications that he ended up with a huge foot sore that went almost all the way to his bone. And this is after he has already had 2 toes amputated! We referred him to a wound care clinic but he will probably end up having to have his foot amputated.

Though these things are pretty boring, it's good that I am getting a lot of practice with these medications because e.ver.y.one. has  diabetes and high blood pressure these days. I have an hour commute which is no fun. To be honest, I don't really mind the drive. The drive there is pretty relaxing… I get to finish my coffee and enjoy some worship music. It just really stinks that 2 hours of my day are spent in the car when I'd much rather be spending that time with my husband. It's throwing off my gym routine too. After a 12 hour day the last thing I want to do is go to the gym. Only 3 more weeks left!

T W O

I may or may not have bought this candle at Target because of the brand. Helloooo, my puppy girl is Bella so I was not leaving without that Bella candle! And it was on sale for just $8! To my surprise it is one of the best candles I've ever purchased. It had my entire house smelling amazing in just a few minutes. I will definitely be purchasing more of these in the future!
My sweet Bella girl

T H R E E



As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been struggling to find reasonably priced bathing suits. However, I scored these two suits at Target for around $50 total! For some reason they didn't have bottoms to match the tops, but I am going to make do with solid bottoms. I got the navy/gray bottom but the pink bottom is from an old suit I already own. But it matches my new bikini top perfectly! Score! 

F O U R



This past Fall my mother-in-law gave me some daffodil bulbs. I thought, "what the heck am I going to do with these? I have no idea how to plant real flowers" but decided to just throw them in the ground and see what happens. Surprise! They bloomed! I honestly had forgotten about them until I saw tiny little buds peeking out of the ground a few weeks ago. Now they are fully bloomed and they make me smile every time I walk out of the house.

F I V E

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been really trying to eat healthy but I always seem to "cheat" when I snack. Insert: jalapeño almonds. You see, I could eat 5 bags of jalapeño potato chips at 1 sitting so I am tricking myself into thinking I'm eating chips when really I'm eating almonds. These things are delicious AND a healthy snack!

16 comments :

  1. That suits are adorable! Wasabi almonds are my go-to snack. I haven't seen these jalapeno ones but they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I would probably love the wasabi ones… gonna have to try them!

      Delete
  2. Love the bathing suits! Hope you have warm enough weather at the beach to break them out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! Need a tan on this pasty white body before I wear those suits in public ha :)

      Delete
  3. Love your new bathing suits!!! Your flowers are so pretty too! Have a great weekend at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers look gorgeous!! Those suits are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! Need a tan on this pasty white body before those suits are worn outside the house haha :)

      Delete
  5. I'm loving those suits!! I like the solid bottoms with the tops too! Makes me wanna run to Target :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I am going to keep checking Target every few weeks… I bet they will continue to get cute suits in!

      Delete
  6. Love the bathing suits you picked out adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! Need a tan on this pasty white body before those suits are worn anywhere ha :)

      Delete
  7. Your bathing suits are awesome! I'll have to check out that candle brand next time I'm in Target. You know I love a good candle. I love your daffodils. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! As you know, my all-time favorite are the Anthro candles but I'm trying to start being better about dropping $25 on a candle, ugh.

      Delete
  8. i am always wondering about the bottoms & tops bathing suit situation, haha!! it's like a puzzle!! but i am with you, i always find mine there!! and yay for that perfect candle! no yay for man with weird diabetes foot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gonna keep checking every few weeks and hopefully they will continue to get more cute suits! first I need a tan on this pasty white body ;)

      Delete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design