Vivian's "You Are My Sunshine" first birthday party

Thursday, March 15, 2018

A few weekends ago we celebrated Vivi's first birthday with family and friends. It was the best day ever! The weather was gorgeous and Vivi had a blast. I'm not big on themes but I knew I wanted a "You Are My Sunshine" feel to the party because that has been her very favorite song since she was born. I sing it to her all the time! I didn't want to go over the top with decorations but knew I wanted at least a few festive decorations. Balloons are such a cheap and easy way to make a party feel festive. I am so glad I purchased this 12 month photo banner and people loved to see how she grew each month.

We had lunch for everyone which consisted of subs that I had catered, Chic-fil-a nuggets (can't go wrong with Chic-fil-a), homemade broccoli salad and homemade pasta salad. We kept the drinks simple with water, sweet tea, pink lemonade, and juice boxes for the kids.

I decided to do cupcakes rather than a large cake for dessert because I didn't want to have to deal with cutting it, putting it on plates, passing it out, etc. Cupcakes made it 100x easier... people could walk up to the dessert table and grab a cupcake whenever they wanted. We chose half vanilla and half strawberry and they were equally delicious. Vivi destroyed her smash cake which was hilarious. I thought she was going to be timid at first but she dove right in. By the end she must have been tired of using her hands because she started taking bites straight from the cake, so funny. She was definitely in a sugar coma after that.

I splurged on a photographer for her party and it was the best decision ever. I never once picked up my phone or felt the pressure of having to capture all the special moments. I was able to be fully present and now I have pictures that I will cherish for the rest of my life! 


It was the very best day. A day that I will remember and cherish forever. I am still in denial that my baby is one! It is such an honor to watch her grow and I pray for so many more birthdays with her.

Photographer: Carley Page Photography


Grab the button below and link up to Annie , Natalie and Owen on your Thoughts for Thursday post.
Use #thoughtsforthursdays on Instagram and tag us @homeofmalones , @eastcoastnat and @mrsordavis. Link up starts at 7 am EST.
Follow us on Bloglovin’ too:

40 comments :

  1. Such precious photos! It looks like an amazing day!! She looks pooped in those last few pictures which I think means she had a great time <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and such a cute theme! We love Chick-fil-A, too, and I had that catered for Knox's first birthday! Cupcakes are my favorite thing to do for parties for that very reason you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute friend!! I love the adorable little cake topper and the cupcakes are such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! And such a smart idea to hire a photographer for the first birthday! I’ll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the theme! And so many cute ideas!! I'm planning on doing similar highchair banner (not that exact one, but I love it) and the balloons on the highchair too. I may borrow a couple more ideas from you because this turned out fabulously!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest first birthday party! Cupcakes are the way to go for sure! I love that you splurged for a photographer! Definitely worth every penny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the theme!!! Definitely worth documenting - and what special memories ensconced in these photos! Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures make me want to cry!!! And now I'm sure that I'm going to hire a photographer because I will want these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful day and perfect first birthday!! I saw your pictures and we thought it was the best idea to get a Chick-fil-a platter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute theme! It looks like the best first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the cutest first birthday party! I think hiring a professional photographer is the way to go!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the cutest party of ALLLLL TIMMEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love all these photos! What a great idea to get a professional photographer and what great memories to be captured!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can’t believe she’s one already!! She’s gotten so big and is still so darn adorable! These are great pictures. Love her little face as she’s digging in to that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO sweet - the best parties always include Chick Fil A! This is the most adorable theme and having a photographer is the best idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Allegiant Airlines Reservations Thanks for sharing such a nice blog. I really appreciate that please keep on posting more Blogs like this Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Allegiant Airlines Reservations It’s a great pleasure reading your post. It really makes me feel Happy and Thanku Sharing Your Post.

    ReplyDelete


  18. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    American Airlines telefono

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Qatar Airways Book Flight

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Allegiant Airlines reservations official site

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Swiss Airlines reservations official site

    ReplyDelete

  22. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Kenya Airways online booking

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Aer Lingus booking online tickets

    ReplyDelete


  24. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Royal Jordanian customer service

    ReplyDelete

  25. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    TUI Airways reservations

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Korean Air Cancellation Fee

    ReplyDelete

  27. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Air France booking

    ReplyDelete

  28. Thanks for sharing such type of information you can also check my post about
    Air France book a flight

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design