Lemon Ice Box Pie

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Last weekend at the beach I decided to whip up the Lemon Ice Box Pie that I saw on Lisa's blog a few weeks ago. Side note: are there bloggers that you feel like you would be bff's with if you lived closer/had a chance to meet in real life? Lisa is totally that girl for me! I love her blog and feel like I know her in real life.

Anyways, I am a novice cook so any pie with 4 ingredients is a win in my book. All you need is:
-2- 8oz packages of cream cheese
-1- 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
-2 freshly juiced lemons
-Zest from 1 lemon
-Graham cracker crust

Whip the cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes or so. Then add the condensed milk, lemon juice, and half of the lemon zest. Mix until smooth.

Pour mixtures into graham cracker crust and top with the remaining lemon zest. Put pie in refrigerator and let cool for about 2 hours.


So delicious and SO easy! Next time I make this I will add more lemon. Maybe juice from 4 lemons and zest from 2 lemons. The pie was so yummy but not quite "tart" enough for me. A little more lemon flavor would have made it perfect!

7 comments :

  1. I want to come through my screen and eat that right now! It looks so delicious and refreshing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that looks amazing! And yes, Lisa is totally awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Loving those colors. I bet it tastes like summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How refreshing is this! I made a key lime pie recently that is very similar but I'm just as into lemon so I definitely need to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any lemon dessert is my favorite, this looks so simple & delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks and sounds amazing! Lemons have been my constant pregnancy craving. Cant wait to try this this weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl!!!! This looks so yummy!! And I'm with you... Next time I will add more lemon too.

    And YES! Can we please be neighbors and real life bffs?! Our hubbies and pups would hit it off too - I'm just sure of it :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design