Antigua part 1

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Happy 2016 friends!! This week has been so busy… doctor's appointments, studying for my board exam, taking down Christmas decorations, etc. that I am just now getting around to re-capping our Antigua trip. It was SO amazing, I did not want to come home!

We stayed at Sandals Antigua and were very pleased with our experience. The staff were incredible… super friendly, helpful, and genuinely interested in making sure we were having a great time. Our room was always very clean and stocked with everything we needed. Warning… photo dump below.


Night #1 we were super tired from traveling all day but we managed to shower and head a sushi restaurant for dinner. We are sushi snobs so I will admit that it wasn't nearly as good as our favorite sushi restaurant back home but it was decent.


Our first full day was gorgeous. Breakfast every morning with this view? Yes please. We would grab chairs on the beach for the morning and move to the pool for the afternoons. Because the pool had a swim up bar so basically we didn't move from those seats all day every day #notsorry


There was a dock with couches on it that you could sit and watch sunset. Late afternoon we would grab a drink, champs for me and rum for him, and watch sunset. My favorite part of the day hands down.


Night #2 we were a little burnt [sorry mom] after a few too many drinks are the swim up bar. We enjoyed a yummy Italian dinner with the best ever molten chocolate cake for dessert.


 The ocean in Antigua is gorgeous, crystal clear blue. And so cold!! We did a lot of paddle boarding which was super fun because it was so calm.


Night #3 we went to the pub restaurant and claimed seats in front of the t.v. to watch our Tarheels take on Baylor in their bowl game. Sadly we couldn't come through with a win but it was still fun to cheer for our team.



Check back next week for part 2 of our Antigua trip recap!

Linking up with Annie today!

18 comments :

  1. I loved seeing your photos while you were there--it was like reliving our honeymoon through you. Sandals Antigua is awesome! We definitely didn't want to leave when it was all over, and now all of your pictures have me wanting to go back! It looks like you guys stayed on the Caribbean side--is that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, beautiful! Looks like you had an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved following along on your Instagram--- what an incredible trip!! It is absolutely beautiful there!! You both looked like you had a wonderful time - your outfits were all fantastic, too!! You deserved getaway--- congrats again on finishing up with school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This takes me back to our honeymoon! Loved that place! (And sorry about this, but Sic 'Em, Bears!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh so jealous of your trip! That resort looks so pretty and I love that you guys spend your mornings on the beach and the afternoon at the pool. Sounds perfect to me! And you just reminded me I had tickets to that football game but didn't go. Whoops! Glad you guys had an amazing trip! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. you two are the cutest and all these photos in such an amazing location = perfection! take me to antigua right now! swim up bars are the cat's pajamas

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looked like paradise!! What an amazing start to the trip! I'm loving that colorful romper you wore! We're sushi snobs too but I pretty much LOVE sushi so I would have eaten it too! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an amazing trip! The sunset is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like THE BEST vacation! I think I need to go to another all inclusive place asap! :) Glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! The location and you guys in these photos! You're really selling me on an all inclusive here! I love the dock time for the sunset - that part of the day is always one of our favorites on trips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing trip!! So glad y'all had an amazing time - everything looks beautiful! LOVE that romper you have on in the last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's nothing better than watching the sunset on the water. These tropical pictures were just what I needed on this cold day! So glad y'all had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like an amazing trip! Good luck studying!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandals is the best! I haven't been to this one, but it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my amazing!!! Those views make me feel relaxed and I'm not even there! I love the dress you wore the first night!! Can you share any details on it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much fun!! You guys look amazing and you are too cute in that romper. What a gorgeous and super well deserved trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gosh this is heavenly!!! looks like a perfect second honeymoon!! you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh, I am so jealous. Your outfits are always so on point. I'm definitely keeping this location in mind for us for future trips! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design