FoF: passed my boards!

Friday, January 22, 2016

[O N E]
If you follow me on Instagram (@mrsordavis) then you already saw, but I PASSED MY BOARD EXAM! I cannot tell you how much of a relief that is. My school has a 100% pass rate for the past 4 years so I was terrified I would be the one to jinx it, but our class kept the trend going! I am officially a certified Physician Assistant and I start my first job in orthopedics next Monday! I cannot tell you how happy my husband is I am that I never have to study again. The past 2.5 years have been rough… lots of stress and tears. And the fact that it's officially all over makes me want to sit in a corner with a bottle of champagne and cry tears of joy.

[T W O]
I had been brainstorming ways to keep old Christmas cards when I saw this on Katie's instagram. Punch a hole in the top corner of the cards, tie with a cute string, and ta-da! So easy! I did it for the past 3 years of Christmas cards we have received and I can't wait to look back at them each year.


[T H R E E]
My husband got me Jo Malone perfume for Christmas and I'm obsessed!! I had been wanting some for a while and I love it even more than I thought I would. Who else has Jo Malone perfume? What are your favorite scents? I love that these perfumes are made to mix and be worn together.



[F O U R]
I made crockpot pork tenderloin that Christina posted a few weeks ago and it was delicious!! What you need:
-1/2 cup olive oil
-1/3 cup soy sauce
-1/4 cup red wine vinegar
-juice of 1 lemon
-1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
-Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
-1 1-lb pork tenderloin


Like Christina said, I threw everything in a bag and marinated overnight. Then threw it all in the crockpot and cooked on low for about 9 hours. It was so tender it pulled right apart. My husband gave his full approval! Thanks, Christina!!


[F I V E]
My best friend is going through a hard time right now so I scooped up some tulips, grabbed some doughnuts from the new Duck Donuts in town, and headed to her house for a few hours of girl time. We have been best friends since pre-school… 23 years! A friendship like that is rare and so treasured. As for the doughnuts… they were good but I don't think anything will ever top a warm Krispy Kreme glazed.


 Linking up with AmandaApril and Christina

30 comments :

  1. Congratulations on passing your boards - what an amazing accomplishment!! I hope you're able to celebrate this weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you! That's so awesome and I know you're super relieved! And what a thoughtful friend: tulips and donuts are the best pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!! That must be the biggest weight off of your shoulders! I swear by Jo Malone. It’s the best perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Congratulations :) What an exciting time for you! Good luck at your new job :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats girlie!! Awesome news!! I use Jo Malone wild bluebell... love how fresh it smells!! Need to try that tenderloin... and definitely craving donuts now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYAYAYAY! So glad you passed the boards, I KNEW you were going to rock em out!

    We put our Christmas cards away the same way, it's so fun to keep cards and look back on them every year. We also cook our our tenderloin the same way, so juicy and delicious! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so amazing about the boards! celebrations all around! and i am so obsessed with jo malone. i go between that and my tom ford. the jo scent i have is amber and pachouli and i can't get enough :) so pretty! happy weekend!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! You absolutely deserve to have that bottle of champagne! ;) I did the same with my cards this year - they are organized and look cute! I've been on the lookout for new perfume...I may have to add that one to my wish list. Happy Friday!
    -Lindsay @ sevenlayercharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you!!!!! I can't imagine how hard the past 2.5 years have been and I'm sure that test was rough. Congratulations on passing and officially starting your new job on Monday!! That was so sweet of you to cheer your friend up with some goodies - so sweet you have a friendship like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you get your butt in that corner with an entire bottle of amazing champagne but no crying! You are officially done so it's time to celebrate! Love Jo Malone! And those donuts... yes please! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Time to celebrate!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS on passing your boards, that's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! What a big accomplishment! I loooove Jo Malone scents... I have three now. i love to mix and match them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!! That is awesome! Yes, not sure anything really tops a warm krispy kreme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay yay!! SO excited for you - and how are you getting to work so soon??? I'm still waiting for my license over here! Everyone said it takes like 1-2 weeks to get that in to start working.

    xo, Kristina
    Medicine & Manicures

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!! What an accomplishment!! I hope you have a fantastic weekend filled with all the donuts :) That way of keeping old Christmas cards is wonderful. I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on passing the board exam! I am going into nursing and am already worried about the NCLEX. What Jo Malone scent do you have? I have always wanted to get one but haven't bit the bullet yet. How were the doughnuts? One recently opened in Greenville and I am tempted to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pumped for you girl!!!! Seriously the best thing ever passing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on passing the board!!! I can only imagine what a relief that is! I have two years worth of Christmas cards in a box waiting to figure out how to store them. That idea is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! So exciting that you passed the board! You will have to celebrate and relax this weekend! Love the Christmas card idea! I need to deal with ours!

    xo
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! So exciting that you passed the board! You will have to celebrate and relax this weekend! Love the Christmas card idea! I need to deal with ours!

    xo
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woohoo, congrats on passing your boards...that's so awesome!!! And you're such a sweet friend to visit with donuts and flowers, how thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! I hope that you are celebrating this weekend even though it is storming. I love that idea for Christmas cards and I will have to put the tenderloin on my meal plan sometime soon.
    Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations again, that is huge!! I love saving old Christmas cards too - that's a great idea on how to do it! So sweet to bring the donuts - you can't beat old friends like that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wooohoo congratulations on passing your boards!!! What a relief, I'm sure! So happy for yall and this wonderful new (non studying) chapter!!! So sweet you could go enjoy some time with your friend, doughnuts and flowers is always a great combo to cheer a girl up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations to you! Girl, go curl up with that champagne - you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders and you can breathe again. I'm so happy for you! I do the same things with my Christmas cards and I recognize the lady on the card you pictured. We went to Meredith together, she graduated with my sister, and is good friends with my cousin! It's a small world. Let the champs flow!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats on the boards!!!! wow!!!!! and OH ok that xmas card tip is a gooood one!! i have been dreading taking mine down because i didn't know what to do with them! but this!!! perf idea.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on the boards! I'm so proud of you! I love what you did with the Christmas cards. And, I love a good pork tenderloin recipe! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design