An update on Vivian's heart!

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Yesterday we had a check-up at the pediatric cardiologist and got great news! Her VSD [ventricular septal defect] is completely closed and her ASD [atrial septal defect] is much smaller. I posted about the fact that she was born with 2 holes in her heart here which obviously isn't something a new mom wants to hear but we are so very thankful it isn't worse. I know there are so many moms going through illnesses and medical conditions with their babies that are much worse than this and that breaks my heart.

I posted about her 3 month check-up at the cardiologist here and at that time the holes were already smaller than when she was born which was great. The fact that one of them is completely closed makes me so happy! She was a total trooper through her EKG and echocardiogram. She was so interested in the cords and sticky EKG electrodes on her skin that she didn't even mind them messing with her.


We don't have to return for another 9 months. Thankful momma over here that her precious heart is healing and she is big and healthy!

10 comments :

  1. yay so happy the appointment went well and she's continuing to improve!!! She is so dang cute and i'm glad that she didn't seem to be bothered by all the cords!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you received good news and that she has made great improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful for that good report on her heart! (And I always say it, but I love how cute you dress her with her big bows and adorable smocked outfits!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that brave girl!! I'm so glad that she's doing well. I can't imagine how scary this must be for you, but she handles it like a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praising God for the good news you received!! Praying the second hole closes up as well. She is such a doll baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear her heart is healing as she gets older! I'm sure you guys are so relieved! I hope she continues to improve and what a trooper she is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news!!! Yay!!! She is so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God her holes are closed up and she has a healthy heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hallelujah for a healthy girl!!!! she is so precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design