Weekending: Chapel Hill!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Monday!! This weekend was a great one but it sure flewwww by. I start my OBGYN rotation today so I really enjoyed a stress-free weekend between rotations with NO studying! [P.s. I passed my end-of-rotation exam! So happy!]

Friday was my last day of surgery. I celebrated with a post-colectomy selfie. I am going to miss the excitement of surgery but I am NOT going to miss the looong hours.


Friday night we spent the night with Garrett's first cousin Rob and his wife Katie and their sweet little girl. Rob plays baseball for the Milwaukee Brewers and has to leave next week for Spring Training so we wanted to spend some time with them before they leave for the season! 


Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to Chapel Hill. Since we both went to college in Chapel Hill and met there, we are always SO excited to go back and visit any chance we get. We met our best friends Morgan and Greg at Southpoint mall for lunch and shopping. G and I both agreed we didn't need to shop… that didn't exactly go as planned. I scored this gorgeous blouse for 40% off at Anne Taylor Loft [it's much brighter in person… super cute]. I also racked up on new Lululemon goodies. Patterned crop leggingsshort sleeve top, and a long sleeve top that isn't online. Have I mentioned my Lulu addiction before? Guilty.

Then it was to the hotel to get ready for the First Pitch Banquet. Every year before the baseball season starts there is a big banquet to raise money for the UNC baseball team. All the former UNC baseball players return and it is SUCH a blast to see everyone and all the wives. We are truly like one big family. A lot of our friends [G's former teammates] are playing professionally so we don't get to see each other nearly enough. It was such a great night!

After the banquet we pretended like we were still in college and went to all of our favorite bars from undergrad. I couldn't tell you the last time I stayed out until 2am. Whew, I paid for it all day yesterday but it was definitely worth it!

And what exciting plan did we have for the Superbowl? Well, I watched it from the comfort of my own bed and couldn't have been happier. We were so exhausted from a busy weekend, we decided to stay home and relax. I did miss all that yummy food and dips though!

 
 


Hope everyone has a great Monday!


4 comments :

  1. Glad you had a great weekend!! The ones with no studying really are the best. Good luck on your first day of OB… only 4 more days for me!!

    xo, Medicine & Manicures

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! How awesome that you got to get together with so many friends from college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today! Hope it went well! You are such a babe! Jealous of all your LuLu! And p.s. why are we not friends on Snap??? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your exam!! that's so wonderful!! hopefully obgyn will be a whole new excitement level!! :) babiiiies, right?!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design