Weekending: Valentine's day at the beach

Monday, February 16, 2015

Why do weekends always go by so fast?? I was NOT ready for Monday this week. However, there is snow in our forecast for Tuesday and I am totally a kid at heart, hoping it snows and work gets canceled! I may or may not sleep with my pi's inside out all week ;)

Friday after work G and I packed up and headed to the beach. The drive was actually really nice. We played anatomy trivia on his iPad for the whole 2 hours like total nerds. This week was so crazy, it was nice to have some alone time and husband/wife conversation. It was sunset as we were getting there so of course I grabbed a glass of champs and went on the deck for sunset. Then sister and her husband cooked dinner: chicken enchiladas. They were soo yummy! Then we played a really fun dice game that 
mom introduced us to.


Saturday morning we were up bright and early to head to my aunt and uncle's beach place for breakfast. My uncle cooked eggs benedict, and it was aaaamaze. After breakfast it was straight to the aquarium where sweet EJ had a blast! She calls sharks "sharps" and was deathly afraid of the fake alligator. G and I couldn't stop talking about how much fun it will be when we have kids of our own to add to the madness!


Saturday afternoon we braved the frigid temps and let Bella play on the beach. Crazy girl swam just like it was summer time! She is a beach lover just like her momma. While my niece napped, me, G and my momma met my aunt and uncle at a little wine bar down the road. We enjoyed a delicious cheese tray, wine, draft beers, and good company! Then it was home for G and I to cook dinner: chicken parmesan with spaghetti squash. Everyone loved it!


Sunday morning we headed straight home so we could spend the day cleaning, studying, grocery shopping, going to the gym, and doing all the normal "Sunday" chores. It was a great weekend but I sure wish it would have been longer! How was your weekend?!



7 comments :

  1. Looks like you guys had such a great weekend!!! The beach looks amazing :) It is always nice to have Adult time
    Happy Monday!! I just found your blog on the link up :) Chelsae@thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! Can't wait to read yours :)

      Delete
  2. The beach sounds like a relaxing getaway for Valentines Day!! The drink + ocean picture at the top looks amazing!! Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beach is my favorite place… summer or winter!! Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great week! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great weekend spent with great company! We totally have our "Sunday" chores which means we rarely ever have Sunday plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect weekend! Love that you were able to relax and hang with your family. Y'all are so sweet with EJ, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. that view makes me feel relaxed just looking at it... take me with you next time? ;) Sounds like a fun family weekend though - love the aquarium pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design