Weekending

Monday, February 23, 2015

This weekend was just pure rejuvenating. I feel refreshed, re-energized, and re-focused on what really matters in this crazy life. Friday night and Saturday were spent at my church for a women's conference called Pursue the Passion with my sisters and mom. The worship music was led by the amazingly talented and adorable Meredith Andrews [pictured below]. Y'all, she is tiny but has a BIG voice. The featured speaker was Jen Hatmaker, and she was a-ma-zing. She is hilarious, bold, and an amazing God-fearing woman. She had me in tears laughing. She is also the author of the book 'Seven' which is hugely popular.


A quick rundown of what I learned and what really spoke to my heart this weekend: I am spending too much time wasting time and too little time following Jesus. We studied a passage about two sisters, Mary and Martha, and Jesus had come to their house. Mary immediately sat at Jesus' feet to listen to him, gain knowledge from him, and spend time with him. Martha was too busy running around trying to make sure her house was spotless and everything cleaned up instead of dropping it all and spending time with Jesus.

"As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a women named Martha opened her home to him. She has a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, 'Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!'

'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered. 'You are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed--indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.'" -Luke 10:38-42

This hit me like a ton of bricks. I will be the first person to admit that I am always running around trying to make sure my house is clean and perfectly decorated, my studying is accomplished, groceries are bought, guests are impressed when really none of these things matter. News flash: NONE OF THESE THINGS WILL GO TO HEAVEN WITH US OR EVEN HELP US GET TO HEAVEN. The only thing that will is a relationship with Jesus. So, I am making a conscious effort to re-prioritize my life and focus on what truly matters.


Saturday night was date night! We went to the restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner and it was so nice to enjoy drinks and a nice meal with my handsome husband. Sometimes I feel like we go days without having a real, true conversation because we are always so busy! We got home just in time to put my niece to bed. My husband may or may not love her more than he loves me. These two completely melt my heart.

Sunday was church, gym, studying, taking the doggy for a walk, grocery shopping… the usual. This is my last week of my OBGYN rotation [I cannot believe it!]! I am pretty sad to be leaving this one but that just means one step closer to graduation ;) Happy Monday loves!


2 comments :

  1. What a beautiful weekend! Yay for your last week! Hope you have a great one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great weekend! The woman's conference sounds amazing! I'm definitely a Martha and I need to work on being more like Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design