Weekending: last beach weekend

Monday, August 21, 2017

I am so sad this was our last beach weekend of the year. We have plans basically every weekend until mid-November so we likely won't see our beach again until 2018. So bittersweet... we will miss it but I am definitely looking forward to fall now.

Friday we got there around lunch time and spent the day on the porch. I filled up her baby pool and she just loved splashing around now that she can sit on her own. I even got an hour of alone time to read and drink a glass of champagne while she napped which was absolute heaven! Garrett brought takeout home for dinner on his way in after work.

Saturday the weather was gorgeous so we spent the whole day on the beach. We had dinner reservations and that morning my babysitter canceled on me but said she had a high school girl set up for me already... bless that girl's heart. Vivi cried for basically three hours straight, thank you separation anxiety. I tried to relax and enjoy date night but gosh I was just so sad and stressed the entire time! I guess I will be staying home for the next 18 years!

Sunday we were up early to head home and get ready for the week. Gym, grocery, porch sitting, walking, and a family dinner at my mom's house. The perfect way to end the weekend!

9 comments :

  1. such a nice beach weekend!! A great end of summer get away! You looked darling on your date night, per the usual :) Don't worry about Vivi, I know it stressed you out so much that she was screaming, I went through this with both boys, it gets better, and if it doesn't, you learn to deal and know they will be okay. It took me a long time not to stress out constantly about it, now I just peace out and say "mommy loves you!" haha. Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, beautiful weekend! I'm always sad to leave the beach, but especially for the last time for a while. It's so hard to leave when they're screaming (Knox does this every time...even at church where he goes every single week) but it's so good to get away and spend some needed one-on-one time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last beach weekend seems like it was absolutely perfect! Love that palm print dress you wore out and that charcuterie looks amazing! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that poor sweet baby! sounds like how i acted in front of every baby sitter ever haha. and that is a bummer about no more beach weekends. but fall is def something to look forward to! happy week

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great last beach weekend!! I love that you were able to really relax as well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it the last beach weekend is in the books - that means summer is officially over... not going to lie, I'm real excited for fall this year lol So glad y'all were able to close it out well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww poor Viv! It's so hard to relax when you leave a screaming baby at home, been there! It's easier now that she sleeps better - we just leave after she goes to bed at 7:30 and I can completely enjoy myself knowing she's just at home snoozing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you made the most of your last beach weekend for a while. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can't believe it was your last beach weekend!!! talk about separation anxiety!! and oooh gosh. yeah, date nights for me have been more like torture nights because my babies have ALWAYS been like that. bless their hearts. it's hard to be loved!! but she was safe and taken care of and mommy came back!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design