Weekending late!

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Per usual, I am posting our weekend recap late. Better late than never, right?! This past weekend was super productive and packed full.  Friday morning Vivi and I met some friends at fun gym and they had the best time playing.


After a long day at home I was craving alone time with my husband. As you know, Vivi has been struggling with some serious separation anxiety lately so I have been super hesitant to use babysitters that aren't family. However, desperate for a date night sans baby, I called a new sitter and you can imagine how happy it made me when she sent me this picture. Vivi hardly ever falls asleep on me anymore and she fell asleep on her new babysitter. Gosh it made my mama heart happy! And Garrett and I enjoyed cocktails, pizza, Krispy Kreme and adult conversation. Best night ever!

 My top: sold out (similar here)

 Saturday was Swingset Day. I mentioned that we bought a swingset kit and Garrett planned to put it together this weekend. He spoiled us with French toast then headed outside for the next 12 hours.


I am SO incredibly proud of him! He is so handy and hard working. He turned this pile of wood into a perfect swingset that we will enjoy for years to come. It took him all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday but it is finally complete! We just have to attach the swings and it will be good to do. So excited to cross this project off our to-do list.


 Saturday night my in-laws came over and we took a short swingset break to grill out and watch Vivi play in her water table.


Sunday we went to church and Vivi successfully lasted in the nursery for the entire service!!!! Huge success! She did have tears when we picked her up but they said she had just started crying a few minutes before. Baby steps!


 Sunday night we had family night at my mom's then it was to bed early in preparation for the week. Shew how is it already Wednesday?! Looking forward to the weekend!

5 comments :

  1. Keep this sitter! I’ve loved sitting for families over the years and love it even more when I can calm a mama’s heart with a baby who gets the sads when they leave. I feel like “challenge accepted”!!

    And I’ve loved watching your playset go up this weekend! Go G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun weekend! yay for church success and that awesome swing set! vivi is gonna love that for years for sure :) all around great time if you ask me!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! Vivi is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend!! The swingset looks amazing and I'm sure y'all are going to use it for YEARS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes for a date night! We did the same thing this weekend! Love that she made it through church too!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design