Weekending!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

We had a great weekend at home! Even though we had no set plans, it ended up being super busy. Doesn't that always happen?! Friday night when Garrett got off work we headed to Mellow Mushroom for pizza and beer al fresco because it felt amazingggg outside. I just got Vivi this bento box and have already used the heck out of it. It makes going to restaurants so much easier because I can pack and cut everything up beforehand.


Saturday morning after nap time we met some of our friends at a local festival. We had the best time riding "rides", having ice cream, then we walked to lunch and had hamburgers and beers. Vivi's favorite thing was the huge slide that Garrett went down with her. She just squealed and kept signing "more".

 Her new "smile" face... dead!

 Saturday night I went to the hospital to visit my dear friend Brittany who just had a baby boy. Brittany is my sister's first cousin so I have known her forever then she battled infertility and eventually went through IVF at our same clinic with our same doctor. It's amazing how close you become with people going through similar situations as you. I prayed for this baby for years and I am so overjoyed that he is here!


 Sunday morning we went to church. Actually we drove to church then sat in the lobby the whole service because someone despises the church nursery and basically anyone that isn't mommy or daddy. Our church is pretty big and when you check your child in to the nursery they are assigned a number. Well every single Sunday Vivi's number flashes on the big screens in the church then the entire room watches me stand up and walk out... embarrassing! Right when I walked in the nursery she was immediately as happy as can be and started playing with all the toys. Any mamas been through this/have any advice? We can't even have babysitters right now because she absolutely freaks out.


 After the church fail we went and saw some baby chicks at a local store near our house. Vivi was in love and I tried to convince Garrett to let us take some home. He said only if I got 1,000 likes on Instagram, thinking that would never be possible. Surprise! Looks like we get baby chicks!! We are still negotiating and he says he doesn't think it would go well since we have a bird dog... 


 Sunday night we had family night at our house and seeing these three in the tub together is just the best. They all love each other so much!


I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

13 comments :

  1. What afun weekend! Can we meet at mellow one night with husbands and kids? My boys love mellow and Beg to go! Vivi is totally playing you at church! Mine are the best at doing that haha. One day she will be ok and you’ll get to sit in church the whole time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Vivi with the chick! So cute! And I agree with Emily re: church. They’re smart little boogers! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah looks like the most perfect weather! and garrett in the ride is killing me haha. i have no advice on the church situation as i was always one of those kids - unhappy unless with my parents haha

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get that beautiful wrap you are wearing?! It is so springy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! That is so funny you got 1k likes! Yay for baby chicks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures from the weekend! I volunteer in our church nursery at least once a month if not more. One is the age where they REALLY melt down even if they've never had issues before! Every church nursery is different so this might not work but whenever a mom knows that her little one is going through this stage she can let us know that it's okay to let little one cry for _ of minutes before requesting them, we have the same number system at our church. I had one little boy who was going through this stage and we learned that if we turned on nursery rhymes on you tube he would calm down ASAP. I've since used this trick numerous times over and it works 9/10 times! Bubbles are another great distraction. Sometimes snack but it makes me SUPER nervous to try a puff with a crying kiddo! I prefer snack distraction in my 2 year old room (our nursery is divided baby, one year old, two year old, etc). Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh man that photo of her and the baby chick is stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that face with her and the baby chicks. If that's not love! You have to get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Camden still goes through phases of crying when we drop him off at the church or gym day care. Around 18 mo it got better but I think the only thing that works is consistency! It will get easier, mama! I know it's hard right now though, hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have no set plans this weekend and I cannot wait! Just saved that bento box for a few months when we'll be needing that! I always love your snaps about whether Vivi makes it through church or not!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at those two front teeth!! Love the bento box and that everything is all set when you're ready to eat at the restaurant!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her new smile face is too cute! Love the silliness! Her little bubble outfit is adorable too--looks like so much fun this weekend! I know several people with the Bento boxes--definitely looks easier. Might be something I look into when Ella goes to preschool/daycare next year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my peripheral artery disease (PAD) cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of peripheral artery disease (PAD), but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr emu when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, it's a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my peripheral artery disease (PAD) status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was peripheral artery disease (PAD) negative, i never thought possible that dr emu can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and faith and after everything but dr emu changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him emutemple@gmail.com emutemple@yahoo.com or whatsapp Number: +2347012841542 website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ he said that he is also specialize on the following diseases: HERPES, HIV, ALS, HPV, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, SICKLE CELL, VIRGINAL DRYNESS, And Bring Back Your Ex back.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design